Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wishing for Spring...

I used to live in the "land of no seasons," and since living in Chicago, I have to say- I have never looked forward to spring as much as I do now.  I can see some of the bulbs peeking out in the soil, and there seems to be signs that spring is finally on its way!

I wish I wasn't on this 30 day challenge, I really want to celebrate St. Patty's Day and wish I had a cute headband to wear, like this:  
Shamrock Headband
...but I can't even buy the materials to put the headband together on this 30 Day No-Shopping Challenge!
>>Sigh<< I can though buy BEER and make corned beef 'n cabbage though, since buying food is allowed!

How to ... Make Leaf Print Eggs  Bird's Nest Cookies  {recipe how to}
And don't these pictures just make you happy?  I am so ready for a visit from the Easter Bunny!  I <3 TipJunkie -the pictures are totally gorgeous and inspiring!  I am such a geek for Robin's Egg (TIFFANY) blue!


What was with me yesterday?  I am on spring break from grad school- and while I still work two days this week, and have some contract work, I don't have classes.  I should be totally gleeful- I have a week to read the books I want, get caught up on my laundry, organize my wardrobe and spend time with Ralph- so why was I not doing cartwheels?

I've come to the realization that lately I've forgotten how to have fun.  I think it's a problem with people who have high expectations of themselves or at least do more "freelance" work.   Everyone wants freedom, but when they get some, they almost don't know what to do with themselves.  There are feelings of guilt that you're not "working hard enough," when you're working for yourself.  I felt anxious because there were things I should have  been doing- my taxes, a class project, etc- that couldn't get under way until I heard back from people and got more information, but I still for some reason felt uneasy.  I couldn't have tackled the projects even if I'd wanted to.

I chose instead to take a deep breath, get some laundry done, drink a glass of wine and watch Sweet November and Futurama.  (Thank you friend's Netflix!)  I then got to go out to a dinner with a good friend and I'm pretty positive that final bit is what kicked my butt into a better mood.  I needed a full on distraction (and some Mango flavored Mochi) with a friend to really go into "spring break" mode.

I have also set up a savings goal I will detail later :) >>squee!<<

Oh, and Ralph says hello from atop his kingdom of pillows.






No comments:

Post a Comment