Friday, March 11, 2011

So Much to Smile About

Peonies  I think as a culture, we spend too much time focusing on the "next big thing," whether it's something we want to purchase, a bigger income, a cushier lifestyle. I am guilty of fixating on the future instead of being content in the now- to the point it almost detracts from my enjoyment of life as it is because I compare my current situation to some unknown measure I haven't even achieved yet.  That is why, the Bliss List is so important for me to do.  My amazing friend Kassie and I used to play the "Happy Game" via AIM a few years back- we'd just go back and forth on things that made us happy for a good hour.  Those were happy, happy days- and whenever I miss her, I just make a Bliss List in her honor.  Here's to you Kassie!

-03.11.2011 Bliss List-

Peonies
The fact that there isn't any more ice on the ground!
The bulbs peeking out of the ground to soon be flowers
Taxes being DONE
Applying for scholarships  (hopefully getting one!)
Amazing mentors
Thoughtful carepackages from friends
Pugs.
Sunshine (how I have missed you!)
Chocolate cupcakes
Post-it notes
Doctor Who
Skyping with friends
Mid day naps with Ralph
Chocolate soy milk (yum!)
Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture
That "zen" feeling after yoga
Fabulous Root Candles
Two Brothers Beer
Peanut butter on toast
The movie UP (which I could watch the opening sequence 100 times and still cry!)








No comments:

Post a Comment